[comp.sys.next] incredible hard disk price

kline@cs.arizona.edu (Nick Kline) (09/30/90)

I just saw this posting on comp.sys.mac.misc
(no flames please, I was just interested in what they had to say...)

And saw this incredible price for hard disks.  I have no affiliation
with the company and have never bought one, blah blah blah.
caveat emptor blah blah blah but:

>From: ardai@sol.bu.edu (Michael Ardai)
:Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
:Subject: Re: 170Meg Wren Hard Drive for sale (SCSI)
:Date: 26 Sep 90 02:40:16 GMT
:Sender: news@bu.edu.bu.edu
:
:In article <2688@crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen@crdos1.crd.ge.com (bill davidsen) writes:
:-In article <1990Sep18.230914.4427@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
:-  How about Maxtor XT-3280s for $800? Unused, 90 day warrantee, 244MB
:-SCSI, 30ms seek?
:
:Or $425 used (30 day warantee) from Eli Heffron and Sons in Cambridge?
:
:\|/ Michael L. Ardai     ardai@bu-pub.bu.edu
:--- ---------------------------------------------------------------
:/|\ ...!sun!teda!ardai (preferred)

$425 for a (used) 244mb hard disk?  I think this would be perfect for
a slab...

does anyone know if they are compatible?

and in response to other postings, yes at the U of Arizona, you can
officially buy a slab for $2995.  I think I originally posted that,
and its true.  I have no idea how many we agreed to purchase, but
I'd love to know.

-nick

---

	"This isn't a game; this is garbage collection!"
	      - heard during my Ph. D. Oral Qualifier

Nick Kline, Univ. of Az., Computer Science, Tucson, AZ 85721
(kline@cs.arizona.edu -or- {noao|allegra|cmcl2}!arizona!kline)