[comp.sys.next] Extended software release size

lange@lanai.cs.ucla.edu (Trent Lange) (10/01/90)

For those of us trying to decide whether to buy the 340MB NeXTStation
or go 3rd party, does anybody know how much disk space the extended
system software release will take?  Just how much memory will be left on
that 340 drive with the full bundle on it?  And what is the list price
on it again?

Thanks in advance,

- Trent Lange

asd@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Kareth) (10/01/90)

In <39525@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> lange@lanai.cs.ucla.edu (Trent Lange) writes:

>For those of us trying to decide whether to buy the 340MB NeXTStation
>or go 3rd party, does anybody know how much disk space the extended
>system software release will take?  Just how much memory will be left on
>that 340 drive with the full bundle on it?  And what is the list price
>on it again?

The NeXT guy I talked to said that there would be around 100Mb left
over on the 340MB drive, so around 240MB is used.  As for the price,
it's $2000 more for the 340MB drive.  Educational price will vary at
different Universities.

-k