[comp.sys.next] A scanner for the NeXT

john@csrnxt1.ae.utexas.edu (John R. Schutz) (10/01/90)

Howdy all...I would like to know if any company offers a scanner than
can be directly connected to my NeXT...I know I can scan using my Mac
and then transfer it, but it is a real pain (since I have to swap a
lot of hardware to do it)...anyways, is there one available, and if
so, in what price range are they?

							john

--
|  John R. Schutz             | Internet&NeXTmail: john@csrnxt1.ae.utexas.edu |
|  Center for Space Research  | Standard Disclaimer    |  "I'm mentally       |

barry@pico.math.ucla.edu (Barry Merriman) (10/01/90)

In article <john.654725307@csrnxt1.ae.utexas.edu> john@csrnxt1.ae.utexas.edu (John R. Schutz) writes:
>Howdy all...I would like to know if any company offers a scanner than
>can be directly connected to my NeXT...I know I can scan using my Mac
>and then transfer it, but it is a real pain (since I have to swap a
>lot of hardware to do it)...anyways, is there one available, and if
>so, in what price range are they?

Get the fall 1990 Software and Peripherals listings. I count 5 scanners
offered, with prices $2190, $1545, $2195, $1695; the $1545 is
the IX-30F Image Scanner from Canon, Inc (So it'd better be compatible!),
8 bit flatbed scanner with 300dpi res, can enlarge and reduce images, plus
other features. Call canon at 1-800-848-4123 ) (NY) for more info. Avail: Now.

--
Barry Merriman
UCLA Dept. of Math