[comp.sys.next] Developer, but can't go to the seminar!

tima@agora.uucp (Tim Anderson) (10/02/90)

I am a 'registered' developer but there is about zero chance for me to
cut a week long hole in my allready over-burdoned schedule, cough up
air fare, meals and hotel accomidations for a week (out of my own pocket),
AND also be able to purchase a NeXT. I realize that I will no doubt save
a billion hours by getting proper training, but I just flat CAN'T AFFORD
the time and expense. Is there still a way to get the 'developers' price
on a NeXT w/o going to the 'developers' conference??

I REALLY REALLY want to get one and play with it. I may even port our
product to it. Is there any help for me? Besides I'd kinda like to get
one before NeXT goes belly up ;-) I think it would look really cool next
to my SGI!

tima@agora.hf.intel.com

PS: I allready know all the reasons WHY this exists this way, so don't
waste time telling me.

daugher@cs.tamu.edu (Dr. Walter C. Daugherity) (10/03/90)

In article <1990Oct2.002213.15331@agora.uucp> tima@agora.uucp (Tim Anderson) writes:
>I am a 'registered' developer but there is about zero chance for me to
[afford a NeXT and attend the developers' course.]
>Is there still a way to get the 'developers' price
>on a NeXT w/o going to the 'developers' conference??
>
>tima@agora.hf.intel.com

Sure, form a joint venture with a nearby developer who CAN afford to attend,
then pick his brain when he gets back.

Or, become a student at a university with a NeXT agreement in place (though
I'm not sure what restrictions there may be on using a machine purchased for
educational use for commercial gain).  Then hover around the NeXT campus
consultant till you pick up what you need :-).  (Our CC's might not
appreciate that suggestion, but they ARE very helpful!)

Walter C. Daugherity			Internet, NeXTmail: daugher@cs.tamu.edu
Knowledge Systems Research Center	uucp: uunet!cs.tamu.edu!daugher
Texas A & M University			BITNET: DAUGHER@TAMVENUS
College Station, TX 77843-3112		CSNET: daugher%cs.tamu.edu@RELAY.CS.NET
	---Not an official document of Texas A&M---