[comp.sys.next] Optical disk prices

cpenrose@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Christopher Penrose) (10/09/90)

In article <2357@opus.cs.mcgill.ca> peterd@opus.cs.mcgill.ca (Peter Deutsch) writes:
>Actually, the ways things are going the problem is not
>affording the drive, it's affording the disks!

I noticed that our university has listed NeXT optical disks for $159!
I bought them from UCLA for $59 when I bought my machine and even
Businessland sells them for $99.  Have the prices really skyrocketed?
Quite a bummer.

At work, we use 3M 512 optical disks on a Delta Microsystems drive.  The
hard sectoring is denser and they are double sided.  The casing and its
mechanism, however, seem functionally identical.  I wonder:  can we can
get compatible disks from a third party?

"Jesus saves! and you can too		Christopher Penrose
 at Kmart the saving place!"		esosun!jesus!penrose@seismo.css.gov
					cpenrose@ucsd.edu