[comp.sys.next] importing EPS files from MAC

glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us (Glenn Reid) (10/13/90)

In article <66@oink.UUCP> cgb@oink.UUCP (Charles G. Bennett) writes:
>Has anyone tried to transfer an EPS file created on a MAC
>( by selecting a laserwriter for output and hitting clover F or K )

Older versions of the LaserWriter driver on the Mac did not create
EPS files when you hit clover-K, they created a file that was
extremely non-portable and could not be printed on any other printer
or system.

If you get a reasonable driver, then sure, the Mac-generated files will
print just fine on a NeXT.  It will do at least as well as any other
environment with Mac-generated files.  I'm not up to date on my Mac
drivers, but I think those greater than 6.0 or 6.1 might work.  And
Adobe is writing a new Mac driver that will be guaranteed to generate
files that can be printed on the NeXT.

For comparison, let's put it this way:  if you can generate a PostScript
file on your Mac and print it on any PostScript printer from any machine,
say a PC or a Unix box or whatever, then the NeXT will have no trouble
with it.  After all, the NeXT is basically just a fancy Adobe PostScript
printer with a keyboard.

Glenn

--
 Glenn Reid				RightBrain Software