[comp.sys.next] X windows for NeXT?

jefu@nmt.edu (Jeff Putnam) (10/13/90)

This may well have been answered in the frequently asked questions
posting, but that has expired here and I didnt keep a copy.

Is X windows available for the NeXT machine?  Specifically for the
new line of NeXTs?

--
jefu@jupiter.nmt.edu  -- Jeff Putnam, New Mexico Tech, Socorro, NM

chouw@cpsin3.cps.msu.edu (Wen Hwa Chou) (10/13/90)

In article <1990Oct12.170540.25029@nmt.edu> jefu@nmt.edu (Jeff Putnam) writes:
>Is X windows available for the NeXT machine?  Specifically for the
>new line of NeXTs?

I have a of XNeXT from athena.mit.edu.  Pretty good stuff.  At least I
can use the NextStep apps. the same time when I run X apps on other
SparcServer.  It's very easy to install, except that you have to run twm
explicitily.  I don't know why the startx do not work, and why the XNeXT
did not read my .xinitrc file.

Don't forget turn on the right button and good luck!