[comp.sys.next] Terminal and Shell

dgc@euphemia.math.ucla.edu (David G. Cantor) (10/20/90)

Does the Terminal emulator in System 2.0 emulate something with more
capabilities than a vt100?  Specifically does it provide insert line
and/or insert character capability?

dgc

David G. Cantor
Department of Mathematics
University of California at Los Angeles
Internet:  dgc@math.ucla.edu

lemke@radius.com (Steve Lemke) (10/23/90)

dgc@euphemia.math.ucla.edu (David G. Cantor) writes:

>Does the Terminal emulator in System 2.0 emulate something with more
>capabilities than a vt100?  Specifically does it provide insert line
>and/or insert character capability?

Or better yet:  Have they rewritten one (or the other) of these programs
so that you get the features of both combined in one program?

It seems that whenever I'm in shell, I need terminal emulation, and whenever
I'm in shell, I'd like to scroll back...  :-(

The solution for me is to use telnet (actually TCP/Connect) from a Mac.  :-)
--
----- Steve Lemke, Engineering Quality Assurance, Radius Inc., San Jose -----
----- Reply to: lemke@radius.com     (Note: NEW domain-style address!!) -----