23 East 4th Street, NYC

(212) 533 - 9651

WHEN:

Tuesday, October 23, 1990

6:30 - 9:30 PM

RSVP:

RSVP@object.com or ..!uunet!object.com!RSVP

FOR MORE INFO:

Robb Allan, Helical Systems: 212/980 - 3408

Tim Reed, Objective Technologies: treed@object.com

Until now you could only do it over comp.sys.next, now you can do it in person.
-------
David Bressler / NeXT Campus Consultant @ CUNY / DJBQC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

"A single candle can illuminate the darkness, yet all the darkness
              cannot extinguish one single candle..."

glang@Autodesk.COM (Gary Lang) (10/23/90)

Perhaps it's not relevant to any discussion of the NeXT machine, but may
I suggest that neither is the acronym of your user group? "GUN"? My
god, New Yorkers really *can* be insensitive bozoes can't they?

Do me a favor and camp out in Battery Park tonight.

- g

In article <239@autodesk.UUCP> glang@Autodesk.COM (Gary Lang) writes:
>Perhaps it's not relevant to any discussion of the NeXT machine, but may
>I suggest that neither is the acronym of your user group? "GUN"? My
>god, New Yorkers really *can* be insensitive bozoes can't they?

I take it their name really "Goetz" to you?

(sorry)
					-=EPS=-

fox@allegra.att.com (David Fox) (10/24/90)

In article <239@autodesk.UUCP> glang@Autodesk.COM (Gary Lang) writes:

   Perhaps it's not relevant to any discussion of the NeXT machine, but may
   I suggest that neither is the acronym of your user group? "GUN"? My
   god, New Yorkers really *can* be insensitive bozoes can't they?

   Do me a favor and camp out in Battery Park tonight.

   - g

Do you feel the same way about the Bay Area Next Group?
Insensitive bozos all, I suppose.  Up in Sausalito you're
all very sennnnnsitive, aren't you?  I'll bet it hurts to
even use UNIX!

glang@Autodesk.COM (Gary Lang) (10/24/90)

>all very sennnnnsitive, aren't you?  I'll bet it hurts to
>even use UNIX!

I had someone close to me killed once. Somehow I really don't believe
I'm overly sensitive.

But yes, it hurts to use Unix, and that's why I think we can all make
a ton of money writing software for NeXT machines. NeXT has actually
made Unix a viable operating system for personal computing, something
Sun, Pyramid, Apple, SCO, and dare I say it at&t (the Xerox of the
Unix world) have so far failed to do. The setup for the cube is as easy
as a Macintosh and when you get done, you've got the power of both
Macs and Suns in one elegantly design package.

BTW, I don't like the name Bang either. Oh well.