[comp.sys.next] 68040

smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu (William V. Smith) (10/18/90)

Information I got from an unnameable source is that Moto is NOT going
to be shipping the 68040 before the end of next month (Nov.).  I
suppose this is why some publication folks are bunging Steve for selling
Vapor.

-Bill

dgb@unislc.uucp (Douglas Barrett) (10/24/90)

From article <SMITHW.90Oct18104544@hamblin.hamblin.math.byu.edu>, by smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu (William V. Smith):
> Information I got from an unnameable source is that Moto is NOT going
> to be shipping the 68040 before the end of next month (Nov.).  I

This was announce by Motorola about 2 months ago.  As I recall it the
anouncement was "due to Motorola's commitment [......] deleveries in
quantity [of the '040] the first Q 91"

Douglas Barrett                                     I speak for myself
Unix Systems Programmer
Unisys SLC Utah

In article <SMITHW.90Oct18104544@hamblin.hamblin.math.byu.edu> smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu (William V. Smith) writes:
>Information I got from an unnameable source is that Moto is NOT going
>to be shipping the 68040 before the end of next month (Nov.).  I
>suppose this is why some publication folks are bunging Steve for selling
>Vapor.
>
>-Bill

	According to the NeXT rep who came to our school it will
be shipping Nov. 1.
	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu

GorbachevAwards++;
free (SovietUnion);
IndependentRepublics += 15;

blenko-tom@cs.yale.edu (Tom Blenko) (10/27/90)

In article <1990Oct24.152024.22838@unislc.uucp> dgb@unislc.uucp (Douglas Barrett) writes:
|From article <SMITHW.90Oct18104544@hamblin.hamblin.math.byu.edu>, by smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu (William V. Smith):
|> Information I got from an unnameable source is that Moto is NOT going
|> to be shipping the 68040 before the end of next month (Nov.).  I
|
|This was announce by Motorola about 2 months ago.  As I recall it the
|anouncement was "due to Motorola's commitment [......] deleveries in
|quantity [of the '040] the first Q 91"

As of about 15 minutes ago, NeXT, per Telebusiness, is still planning
volume shipments for Nov. 1.

Like a previous poster, I would appreciate hearing reports from anyone
receiving the new systems (maybe I won't have any choice).

	Tom

phd_ivo@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (10/28/90)

As of last week, NeXT telebusiness informed me that I shouldn't expect my
upgrade board before third or fourth week of November. I figure, this means
first week in December.

/ivo welch