[comp.sys.next] Framemaker Upgrade Policy

phd_ivo@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (10/31/90)

*************

Well, Framemaker just sent me the upgrade information to 2.1.

Since I had pointed out at least 10 bugs myself in the firs4 weeks after I
received it, since I provided them with a coredump, and since Framemaker does
specifically fail to do ((mathematical equation scaling to large fonts) what I
asked for (I knew it failed in the demo version!) when I ordered and paid my
$500, I had hoped I would get an upgrade for free or at least a nominal charge.

False: the upgrade is ...$400... (if I order before December; if I don't, I
also will loose support in 6 months).

/ivo welch	ivo@next.agsm.ucla.edu

dcarpent@sjuphil.uucp (D. Carpenter) (10/31/90)

In article <1990Oct30.225707.2052@midway.uchicago.edu> phd_ivo@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>*************
>
>Well, Framemaker just sent me the upgrade information to 2.1.
>
>Since I had pointed out at least 10 bugs myself in the firs4 weeks after I
>received it, since I provided them with a coredump, and since Framemaker does
>specifically fail to do ((mathematical equation scaling to large fonts) what I
>asked for (I knew it failed in the demo version!) when I ordered and paid my
>$500, I had hoped I would get an upgrade for free or at least a nominal charge.
>
>False: the upgrade is ...$400... (if I order before December; if I don't, I
>also will loose support in 6 months).
>
>/ivo welch	ivo@next.agsm.ucla.edu
Incredible!  The upgrade costs as much as the original application!
I received the same letter.  This is very disappointing.  There's no
way I'll spend this kind of money on an _upgrade_.  It makes me
regreat buying Framemaker in the first place.

David Carpenter            dcarpent@sjuphil.UUCP
St. Joseph's University    dcarpent@sjuphil.sju.edu
Philadelphia, PA  19131