[comp.sys.next] NEXT AUCTION!

gerst@ecs.umass.edu (11/01/90)

From: lloyd@ucs.umass.edu (Chris Lloyd)
Subject: NEXT AUCTION FOR REAL!

First of all I would like to THANK WITH ALL MY HEART the person who posted
the original message about this auction.

I was going to order a slab in Dec. but it looks like Christmas came early
this year!

Hey folks, the NeXT auction is REAL! Follows is a copy of the email a
sales person at Businessland gave to me, I have personally ordered a
Demo Cube with 40 meg HD and OD for $2795, I will be getting it within
a couple days. I ordered it in Framingham MA, and have called the Boston
office which has also confirmed this auction.

OMN - Optical Drive
NMN - No Optical Drive

Disclaimer: This is as accurate as possible, product comparisons were
deleted for brevity. This was typed from a printed copy of the salesperson
email. I make no claims, gurantees or anything about this, you can't do
a thing to me, I'm a poor college student!

------------------------- Original message follows ---------------------------

Subj: HH - NeXT Price Auction
                         (Approved for Distribution)

That's right, we are really making it attractive for your customers to get
in on the NeXT wave of workstation price/performance with the new pricing on
our current inventory of 68030 based systems that makes it impossible for
them to want to wait:

    - Better delivery - they are in stock
    - A better alternative - Cubes for the the price of Stations!
    - Better pricing - see below for comparisons

The Pricing
===========

                                                     Special
BL SKU            Description                       BL Retail
------            -----------------                 ---------
120-205054        CUBE3 8/40MB OMN (In-Box)         $3995
                  CUBE3 8/40MB OMN (Demo)           $2795
                  (21 in the field, 111 in the DC)

120-183319        CUBE3 8MB OMN (In-Box)            $3995
                  CUBE3 8MB OMN (Demo)              $2795
                  (212 in the field, 11 in the DC)

120-202481        CUBE3 8/40MB NMN (In-Box)         $2995
                  CUBE3 8/40MB NMN (Demo)           $2195
                  (29 in the field, 59 in DC)

120-205062        CUBE3 8/330MB OMN (Any cond.)     $5295
                  (81 in the field, 2 in the DC)

[ some comparisons deleted]

Chek out the Cube with no OD, $2195!!!!!

Considering I just sold me SE/30 for $2100, this could be called the upgrade
of the decade!

Don't ask why the cubes with 40 meg HD's and without are the same price, the
salesperson didn't know and neither do I.

-- Chris Lloyd   - lloyd@ucs.umass.edu