[comp.sys.next] "rn" on NeXT

raghu@osc.edu (Raghu Machiraju) (10/31/90)

Has there been a port of rn to the NeXT ? If so is there a site from where
once can pick up the source/binaries via anonymous ftp ?.

Thanks
Raghu
--
Raghu Machiraju			Trollius Project
raghu@tbag.osc edu		Ohio Supercomputer Center

In article <1104@oscsunb.osc.edu> raghu@osc.edu (Raghu Machiraju) writes:
>Has there been a port of rn to the NeXT ?

Do it yourself!  Here's how:

1) Get a copy of rn 4.3.2.4 PL 47*.  Run the Configure script.
   Most questions will have obvious answers.  Two to watch for:

Is your "test" built into sh? [n] (OK to guess)
Does your mailer understand INTERNET addresses? [n]

Answer  y  to both of those!

When Configure finishes, you will need to edit THREE files.

Makefile:
	add -bsd to the  CFLAGS =  line
	add -lsys_s to the  libs =  line
config.sh
	change novfork='define' to novfork='undef'
config.h
	change  #define vfork fork  to  #undef vfork fork

Then type make.

*PL 48 should be out later this week (see news.software.b).

>                                          If so is there a site from where
>once can pick up the source/binaries via anonymous ftp ?.

You don't want binaries--certain site-specific information needs
to be compiled in and edited into shell scripts.

The official site is either lib.tmc.edu or gazette.bcm.tmc.edu.

					-=EPS=-

geoff@circus.camex.com (Geoffrey Knauth) (11/01/90)

In article <1104@oscsunb.osc.edu> raghu@osc.edu (Raghu Machiraju) writes:
>Has there been a port of rn to the NeXT ? If so is there a site from where
>once can pick up the source/binaries via anonymous ftp ?.

Can you use [Emacs] GNUS?

        Geoffrey S. Knauth                           geoff@camex.com
    Camex, Inc., 75 Kneeland St.                     geoff%camex@uunet.uu.net
Boston, MA 02111, (617) 426-3577 x451                --standard disclaimers--

scott@sage.uchicago.edu (Scott Deerwester) (11/01/90)

In article <1610@camex.COM> geoff@circus.camex.com (Geoffrey Knauth) writes:
>  In article <1104@oscsunb.osc.edu> raghu@osc.edu (Raghu Machiraju) writes:
>  >Has there been a port of rn to the NeXT ? If so is there a site from where
>  >once can pick up the source/binaries via anonymous ftp ?.
>
>  Can you use [Emacs] GNUS?

You betcha, you can use GNUS.  As witness the fact that I'm responding
to this posting using it...
--
Scott Deerwester            | Internet: scott@tira.uchicago.edu  | ~{P;N,5B~}
Center for Information and  | Phone:    312-702-6948             |