[comp.sys.next] BIG Keyboards...

gerst@ecs.umass.edu (11/04/90)

From: lloyd@ucs.umass.edu (Chris Lloyd)
Subject: BIG Keyboards...

Does anyone know of a company that makes or say's they are going to
make larger keyboard's for the NeXT? I'm thinking something along the lines
of the new Sun keyboards, tons of F keys, backspace AND delete etc..

I realize the answer to this is most likely a good "NO!", but I really
wish NeXT offered this as a option, I'd even be willing to shell
out an outrageous amount of money like the $175 Apple charges for their
extended KB.

Please, don't waste bandwidth flaming me about this "backward" thinking
or whatever.  The first project slated for my new NeXT is a vt320
emulator which I wrote out of necessity, I use a minimum of 4 different
text based environments everyday and having tight emulation is a
NEED.  Resorting to a window of fkey buttons is my last desire, these
are real heinous for a session longer than 1 min.

Thanks in advance,
Chris - Lloyd@UCS.umass.edu