[comp.sys.next] It's November...

dd26+@andrew.cmu.edu (Douglas F. DeJulio) (11/02/90)

Rumors said that the Moto '040 would ship Nov 1.

Well?  Did they?  How long do I have to wait for my new Slab now?
--
DdJ

smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu (Dr. William V. Smith) (11/02/90)

>From: dd26+@andrew.cmu.edu (Douglas F. DeJulio)

>Rumors said that the Moto '040 would ship Nov 1.

>Well?  Did they?  How long do I have to wait for my new Slab now?

Thanksgiving will soon be here. ;-)

--
            __________________Prof. William V. Smith____________________
EMail:  smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu  or  uunet!hamblin.math.byu.edu!smithw

peterd@opus.cs.mcgill.ca (Peter Deutsch) (11/03/90)

In article <SMITHW.90Nov2070729@hamblin.hamblin.math.byu.edu>, smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu (Dr. William V. Smith) writes:
> >From: dd26+@andrew.cmu.edu (Douglas F. DeJulio)
>
> >Rumors said that the Moto '040 would ship Nov 1.
>
> >Well?  Did they?  How long do I have to wait for my new Slab now?
>
> Thanksgiving will soon be here. ;-)

Well, this is still in the realm of salesbody promises, but
I was told my new labful of slabs are in the first build
list and I was told several times they would ship in the
first week of November. The latest was a conversation with
my NeXT person on Wednesday, and she told me again they
would ship next week. Rest assured I'll report any
changes...

				- peterd

"Why is it that some of the `smart' users posting about `dumb' users
manage to get _two_ copies of their signature in their articles?"

		- asked by Boyd Roberts in alt.folklore.computer

clement@opus.cs.mcgill.ca (Clement Pellerin) (11/03/90)

>From Dejulio: Rumors said that the Moto '040 would ship Nov 1. Did they?
>From Smith:  Thanksgiving will soon be here. ;-)
>From peterd: I was told my new labful of slabs are in the first build
>     list and I was told several times they would ship in the 1st week of Nov.

Maybe Smith was right...
Thanksgiving was two weeks ago in Canada:-):-)
(since the farming season is shorter up North)
--
news <clement
Clement Pellerin, McGill University, Montreal, Canada

daugher@cs.tamu.edu (Walter C. Daugherity) (11/06/90)

In article <2418@opus.cs.mcgill.ca> clement@opus.UUCP (Clement Pellerin) writes:
>>From Dejulio: Rumors said that the Moto '040 would ship Nov 1. Did they?
>>From Smith:  Thanksgiving will soon be here. ;-)
>>From peterd: I was told my new labful of slabs are in the first build
>>     list and I was told several times they would ship in the 1st week of Nov.

"Nov. 1" is approximately "31 Oct.",
and "31 Oct." = "25 Dec.",
so they should ship around Christmas :-) :-) :-).

P.S.  I'm ***JOKING*** (I hope).

P.P.S.  If you still don't get it, try "Octal" and "Decimal".

Walter C. Daugherity			Internet, NeXTmail: daugher@cs.tamu.edu
Knowledge Systems Research Center	uucp: uunet!cs.tamu.edu!daugher
Texas A & M University			BITNET: DAUGHER@TAMVENUS
College Station, TX 77843-3112		CSNET: daugher%cs.tamu.edu@RELAY.CS.NET
	---Not an official document of Texas A&M---