[comp.sys.next] lowcost Color on a Cube

garnett@cs.utexas.edu (John William Garnett) (11/07/90)

In article <gbBY54G00Vpc49mWw=@andrew.cmu.edu> ea08+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric A. Anderson) writes:

>I now have more questions.
>
>2. Is there any level of color available on the cube below the ~$4000
>NextDimension?  I would like say 256 colors out of 16Mil.  That would be
>sufficient for a while I'd expect.

I too would like to see some color options for the cube short of the
full-blown NeXTdimension system.  For starters it would be nice to be
able to obtain the same color capabilities on a cube as are available
on a Color NeXTstation.

The 256 color lookup table indexing 16 million colors option (as mentioned
by Mr. Anderson) would also be nice.

Are any OEMS listening?
--
John Garnett