[comp.sys.next] Conner Peripherals Inc. SCSI Hard Disk

martin@icsl.ucla.edu (Kenneth Martin/) (11/03/90)

On page 14 of Electronic News, dated Monday, Oct. 29, there is an
announcement for a new Conners hard disk.  Some specs are:

3.5" form-factor (1.6" actual hight), 510MByte, 6-platter, 256KByte cache,
12 msec average seek time, AT or SCSI interface, $1,295 in quatities of one,
model number CP-3500.

Maybe this would be able to fit in a slab and we could throw the 105 MByte
disk away.
-Ken Martin

ls1i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leonard John Schultz) (11/04/90)

On 02-Nov-90 in Conner Peripherals Inc. SCS..
user Kenneth Martin/@icsl.ucl writes:
>On page 14 of Electronic News, dated Monday, Oct. 29, there is an
>announcement for a new Conners hard disk.  Some specs are:
>
>3.5" form-factor (1.6" actual hight), 510MByte, 6-platter, 256KByte cache,
>12 msec average seek time, AT or SCSI interface, $1,295 in quatities of one,
>model number CP-3500.
>
>Maybe this would be able to fit in a slab and we could throw the 105 MByte
>disk away.
>-Ken Martin

Do you have a phone number I can call to order this hard disk?  Is it
avalible now?

cooper@plains.NoDak.edu (Jeff Cooper) (11/04/90)

In article <1374@lee.SEAS.UCLA.EDU> martin@icsl.ucla.edu (Kenneth Martin/) writes:
>On page 14 of Electronic News, dated Monday, Oct. 29, there is an
>announcement for a new Conners hard disk.  Some specs are:

Is this an announcement of an upcomming product or are they actually
producing it now?  Does anyone know where you can order this drive?
Thanks...

"An' Here I go again on my own                 |       Jeff Cooper
 Going down the only road I've ever known      |       cooper@plains.nodak.edu
 Like a drifter, born to walk alone            |
 Cos I know what it means                      |       USnail address:
 To walk along the lonely street of dreams"    |       1444 32nd St. SW, Apt 318
                                               |       Fargo, ND  58103
 Whitesnake - "Here I Go Again"                |       (701)235-6495

vzv@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Lance Jones) (11/07/90)

In the November 5 issue of ELectronic Buyers News there is an article about
new high-capacity 3.5" drives from Fujitsu.  To summarize:

M262xSA/T Series drives:
-------------------------------------
-three models discussed offering formatted capacities of 520, 425, and 330
 meg.
-average positioning time (seek time?  I dunno...) of 12 ms
-rotational speed of 4,400 rpm
-240K read-ahead cache buffer
-SCSI and AT interfaces available
	[and finally, the prices...]
-Evaluation quantity prices: 520M - $1750, 425M - $1,500, 330M - $1,250

The article also mentions some Maxtor drives that were talked about in a
previous issue.  From memory the specs for these go something like:
535M and 435M (approx.) formatted, read-ahead cache, access time in the low
teens, 3.5" form-factor, SCSI interface as well as AT (IDE) and/or ESDI.

	-Lance

	Lance Jones			Mail forwarded to:
	Veterinary Computer Network		jonesl@vet.vet.purdue.edu