[comp.sys.next] Unix Windows?

kilcup@pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu (Greg Kilcup) (11/09/90)

While we're waiting for SLIP, PPP and X11R4 to appear and integrate,
has anyone ported the Macintosh's UnixWindows (or equivalent)
to the NeXT?  This is a package which multiplexes several window
sessions over a single serial line.
I'm wavering between getting a MacII and a NeXT for home use,
and put a high premium on a comfortable, multi-windowed environment
for talking to the Sun in the office.

 Thanks,  Greg Kilcup

In article <2306@pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu>
	kilcup@pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu (Greg Kilcup) writes:
>has anyone ported the Macintosh's UnixWindows (or equivalent)
>to the NeXT?  This is a package which multiplexes several window
>sessions over a single serial line.

I looked at UW, and decided it was way too much effort.  Then
MacLayers came out (from rascal.ics.utexas.edu), and we've been
happily running it ever since on our Suns and NeXTs.

					-=EPS=-