[comp.sys.next] Monitors for NeXTStation Color

joerg@ubc-bdcvax.UUCP (Joerg Messer) (11/09/90)

Does anyone know if it's possible to put a monitor
other than the Sony Trinitron on a NeXTStation color?
In other words, what is the cheapest monitor that will
still give reasonable color performance on a color NeXT?
Also, is it possible to obtain the Sony monitor for less
than NeXT is asking? The price of monitor is all that's
standing between me and a color NeXT!

Joerg Messer   				        joerg@bdc.ubc.ca
Biosciences Data Centre               ...ubc-cs!ubc-bdcvax!joerg
2204 Main Mall
University of British Columbia               Ph:  (604) 228-6527
Vancouver, Canada, V6T 1W5                   Fax: (604) 228-2416

daugher@cs.tamu.edu (Walter C. Daugherity) (11/10/90)

In article <796@ubc-bdcvax.UUCP> joerg@ubc-bdcvax.UUCP (Joerg Messer) writes:
>Does anyone know if it's possible to put a monitor
>other than the Sony Trinitron on a NeXTStation color?

Presumably "any" color monitor which has 1120 by 832 resolution, 68 Hz
refresh rate, and triple-coax video in would work, but I don't know of
any cheaper ones offhand.

Walter C. Daugherity			Internet, NeXTmail: daugher@cs.tamu.edu
Knowledge Systems Research Center	uucp: uunet!cs.tamu.edu!daugher
Texas A & M University			BITNET: DAUGHER@TAMVENUS
College Station, TX 77843-3112		CSNET: daugher%cs.tamu.edu@RELAY.CS.NET
	---Not an official document of Texas A&M---