[comp.sys.next] Development on a 105 meg system

roder@plains.NoDak.edu (Mark Roder) (11/11/90)

	I have my order in for a 105 mb slab.  I also ordered the complete
OS distribution on floppies.  I did this so that I have a clean backup copy
as well as all of the software available to use and put on (a soon to be
acquired) external SCSI drive.

	Since the $$$ for the external SCSI are not available at this time,
what software can I kill on the basic distribution to get room for IB/
compilers/debuggers/editors/etc that are on the extended distribution that
I need for developing.

	What apps/utilities are you using to develop now, what do I need,
what will be nice, what is essential, etc???

	What are the sizes of all the apps/files in the OS distributions?

I will post a summary if enough interest is shown.

Thanks

Roder  -  trying to cram 275 meg in a 105 meg drive :-)

declan@remus.rutgers.edu (Declan McCullagh/LZ) (11/11/90)

In article <6754@plains.NoDak.edu>, roder@plains.NoDak.edu (Mark Roder) writes:

> 	Since the $$$ for the external SCSI are not available at this time,
> what software can I kill on the basic distribution to get room for IB/
> compilers/debuggers/editors/etc that are on the extended distribution that
> I need for developing.
>
> 	What apps/utilities are you using to develop now, what do I need,
> what will be nice, what is essential, etc???
>
> 	What are the sizes of all the apps/files in the OS distributions?

Instead of saying what *I* use daily, I thought that the following
list might prove more useful.  The standard disclaimers apply: this is
taken from my own system (with a 660 MB drive), and anything can change
in the final release of NeXTstep 2.0.

---

60479   LocalApps
123490  LocalLibrary