[comp.sys.next] European Students

phil@info.polymtl.ca (test remote acces) (11/10/90)

 Andreas Lampen, Tech. Univ. Berlin writes:

>Might this apply to European students too ?~
>Does anyone know where a European student can purchase NeXT
>machines at educational prices ?
>The German NeXT distributor claims, that there are no educational
>discounts available in Germany :-( .

>	Andy

I heard a few weeks ago that  Businessland in UK accept to apply the educational
discount  to all european student, if you can prove the fact (id card, etc...)

Hope this help

	Phil

Ps: i don t know if Businessland UK sells 030 cubes at the same price than
in US...

jmunkki@hila.hut.fi (Juri Munkki) (11/11/90)

In article <1990Nov10.114010.16410@vlsi.polymtl.ca> phil@info.polymtl.ca writes:
> Andreas Lampen, Tech. Univ. Berlin writes:
>>Might this apply to European students too ?~
>>Does anyone know where a European student can purchase NeXT
>>machines at educational prices ?
>>The German NeXT distributor claims, that there are no educational
>>discounts available in Germany :-( .
>

>I heard a few weeks ago that  Businessland in UK accept to apply the
>educational discount  to all european student, if you can prove the
>fact (id card, etc...)

I don't know about Businessland UK, but here's the reply I got from
NeXT UK, when our university inquired about educational discounts:

	"Our policy in Europe is to discount to Universities when they
	purchase 25 machines or more.  This would entitle you to a 15%
	discount from the local currency price in you country."

  / Juri Munkki	    /  Helsinki University of Technology   /  Wind  / Project /
 / jmunkki@hut.fi  /  Computing Center Macintosh Support  /  Surf  /  STORM  /