[comp.sys.next] Warning about sleazy netters.

paul@surf.sics.bu.oz.au (Paul Davis) (11/13/90)

Be careful!

This person:

-Declan
Declan McCullagh / NeXT Campus Consultant \ declan@remus.rutgers.edu
posts here a lot, and is plenty helpful over the net; but if he
offers to help you out with a purchase, DON'T SEND HIM ANY MONEY!!!

Being in Australia I have to depend on people in the US for parts.
He offered to buy a couple of optical disks for me in September when
I bought his cube.  He took my cash, and has never sent disks or my
money back.  Since then he doesn't even answer my mail or postings.

So be warned that not everyone on the net or in comp.sys.next may
be trusted.  I suppose that's obvious.  Sigh. :-(

Listen to this guy:
"The NeXT community needs more people like him - and like Eric - to
write shareware and public domain utilities that will make the NeXT
platform a pleasure to use."

What the NeXT community needs is people that don't rip other people
off.

paul@terrapin.bus.bu.oz.au

--
Paul Davis   Internet: paul@terrapin.bus.bu.oz.au
P.O. Box 65  School of Business  Bond University  QLD 4229 AUSTRALIA

declan@remus.rutgers.edu (Declan McCullagh/LZ) (11/14/90)

In article <1381@surf.sics.bu.oz.au>, paul@surf.sics.bu.oz.au (Paul Davis) writes:

[Various inflammatory and inappropriate things]

> [Declan] posts here a lot, and is plenty helpful over the net; but if he
> offers to help you out with a purchase, DON'T SEND HIM ANY MONEY!!!

Paul, I have a signed agreement which says that everything was
included in the purchase, including ODs.  If you have a problem with
that, please take it to email, and don't clutter up the net with
personal traffic.

Declan McCullagh / NeXT Campus Consultant \ declan@remus.rutgers.edu