[comp.sys.next] Has anyone purchased memory chips from clearpoint research for a cube

beech@ms.uky.edu (Wayne Beech) (11/15/90)

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had purchased and used SIMMs from Clearpoint Research
in their cube?  In particular, it appears that the MC2RAM/S1, 1 meg SIMMs
should work. They also have MC2RAM/4 , 4 meg chips, but these look like they
may be a little too tall to fit correctly.

Wayne Beech

UUCP  : ukma!beech
BITNET: beech@ukma
DOMAIN: beech@ms.uky.edu

daugher@cs.tamu.edu (Walter C. Daugherity) (11/16/90)

In article <16376@s.ms.uky.edu> beech@ms.uky.edu (Wayne Beech) writes:

>I was wondering if anyone had purchased and used SIMMs from Clearpoint Research
>in their cube?  In particular, it appears that the MC2RAM/S1, 1 meg SIMMs
>should work. They also have MC2RAM/4 , 4 meg chips, but these look like they
>may be a little too tall to fit correctly.

Yes, I put Clearpoint MC2RAM/S1-80's in three of my NeXT's and they work fine.
The reason I bought the 80's is they're not much more expensive than 100's and
could also be used in Macs.

--
Walter C. Daugherity			Internet, NeXTmail: daugher@cs.tamu.edu
Texas A & M University			uucp: uunet!cs.tamu.edu!daugher

treed@odie.UUCP (Timothy Reed) (11/16/90)

Yes, you have to be careful with the 4 MB SIMMs.  I strongly recommend
BoxHill Systems in New York City.  They provide same day turnaround
on problems, including exchange via their messenger if you're in the
vicinity, and have some of the brightest and best computer people I've
met.  They sell mostly external subsystems for Sun systems, but have
worked with us to get external storage and whatnot going on cubes
as well.

Call Carol Turchin at 1-212-399-4770, or send email to carol@boxhill.com.

Tim Reed
treed@object.com