From: news@elsie.nci.nih.gov (news)
Newsgroups: news.misc
Subject: Most frequent subjects in comp.all

Here are ranks, counts, subjects, newsgroups,
and earliest- and latest-received Message-IDs
for the subjects that appeared most often in comp.all
in articles received here over the last 7 days.
The subject of an article is counted once,
no matter how many groups the article is cross-posted in.
The number of articles that appeared in each newsgroup is
given in parentheses after the newsgroup.

Rank  #
1    63 Subject: Not another NeXT defector???!!!
	Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc (63)
	First-Received: <1990Nov10.192652.29728@nntp-server.caltech.edu>
	Latest-Received: <PATRICK.HAYES.90Nov16110748@troy.cediag.bull.fr>

----------

cjs

curt@cynic.UUCP                  | "The unconscious self is the real genius.
curt@cynic.wimsey.bc.ca          |  Your breathing goes wrong the minute your
{uunet|ubc-cs}!van-bc!cynic!curt |  conscious self meddles with it."  --GBS

jack@Taffy.rice.edu (Jack W. Howarth) (11/19/90)

In article <7iLus1w163w@cynic.wimsey.bc.ca> curt@cynic.wimsey.bc.ca (Curt Sampson) writes:
>This just popped in over in news.misc.  I got a chuckle out of it.  :-)
>
>(No, I'm not trying to restart a flame war, please!)
>
>----------
>From: news@elsie.nci.nih.gov (news)
>Newsgroups: news.misc
>Subject: Most frequent subjects in comp.all
>
>Here are ranks, counts, subjects, newsgroups,
>and earliest- and latest-received Message-IDs
>for the subjects that appeared most often in comp.all
>in articles received here over the last 7 days.
>The subject of an article is counted once,
>no matter how many groups the article is cross-posted in.
>The number of articles that appeared in each newsgroup is
>given in parentheses after the newsgroup.
>
>Rank  #
>1    63 Subject: Not another NeXT defector???!!!
>	Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc (63)
>	First-Received: <1990Nov10.192652.29728@nntp-server.caltech.edu>
>	Latest-Received: <PATRICK.HAYES.90Nov16110748@troy.cediag.bull.fr>

>cjs
>
>curt@cynic.UUCP                  | "The unconscious self is the real genius.
>curt@cynic.wimsey.bc.ca          |  Your breathing goes wrong the minute your
>{uunet|ubc-cs}!van-bc!cynic!curt |  conscious self meddles with it."  --GBS

Most of those are simply an argument over whether that thread belongs in a
Mac newsgroup.

                                     Jack