[comp.sys.next] FORTH

a684@mindlink.UUCP (Nick Janow) (11/24/90)

How difficult would it be to implement a FORTH compiler on a NeXT?  On a Mac,
adding a menu is just a Toolbox subroutine call.  What is the equivalent on a
NeXT?  Would it be necessary to run the FORTH in C so as not to offend the Unix
kernel?  :)

Also, are there any available FORTH compilers for the NeXT or is anyone writing
one?

dastrout@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (root@next1) (11/29/90)

In article <3924@mindlink.UUCP>, a684@mindlink.UUCP (Nick Janow) writes:
> How difficult would it be to implement a FORTH compiler on a NeXT?  On a Mac,
> adding a menu is just a Toolbox subroutine call.  What is the equivalent on a
> NeXT?  Would it be necessary to run the FORTH in C so as not to offend the Unix
> kernel?  :)
>
> Also, are there any available FORTH compilers for the NeXT or is anyone writing
> one?
I have a forth that runs on the NeXT.  It is command line only, but it runs.  I
will send it to anyone with NeXTMail who asks.  I make no garuntees as to the
the usefulness for any given purpose, etc.

--
Dave Strout
NeXT Campus Consultant -- Miami University.