[comp.sys.next] Polished details... --> NeXT Color Display

izumi@fugitive.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) (11/29/90)

In article <1990Nov29.015347.24007@agate.berkeley.edu> dwallach@soda.Berkeley.EDU (Dan Wallach) writes:
>awfully cute, but completely useless.  Funny, the NeXTstation Color
>doesn't have any extra keyboard buttons for Degaussing or Gun Alignment
>or anything, jeez :-)  At least the monitor's a Sony.

I checked the NeXT Color Display.  It's a SONY GDM-1601.
We have a couple of these monitors (with whitish case).
The spec says H-rate 64KHz, V-rate 60Hz, non-interlaced.
I don't know if Sony or NeXT retunes the V-rate to 68Hz,
or it can just lock to 68Hz frame rate without any adjustments.

In any case, if you can get that monitor from other souces,
I bet it would be pretty easy to make it work with
NeXTstation Color, or NeXT Dimension, if you don't mind
opening the cover and twiddling a pot or two.

Izumi Ohzawa, izumi@violet.berkeley.edu