[net.music] Cool Hand Luke -- plastic Jesus

paulb@ttidcc.UUCP (Paul Blumstein) (08/16/85)

In article <140@mtsbb.UUCP> gnw@mtsbb.UUCP (G.N.WEBER) writes:
>In the movie "Cool Hand Luke", Paul Newman (as Luke) plays the
>banjo and sings a song after his mother dies.  This song opens
>with the line "Get yourself a plastic Jesus... for the dashboard
>of your car"....

The song is "Plastic Jesus" by Ernie Mars.  Written about the mid
'60s.  I can't recall who recorded it.  I'm adding net.music to
to distribution, perhaps someone there has more details.
--
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Paul Blumstein                    "I may be drunk, but you're ugly.

hunter@oakhill.UUCP (Hunter Scales) (08/17/85)

In article <685@ttidcc.UUCP> paulb@ttidcb.UUCP (Paul Blumstein) writes:
>In article <140@mtsbb.UUCP> gnw@mtsbb.UUCP (G.N.WEBER) writes:
>>In the movie "Cool Hand Luke", Paul Newman (as Luke) plays the
>>banjo and sings a song after his mother dies.  This song opens
>>with the line "Get yourself a plastic Jesus... for the dashboard
>>of your car"....
>
>The song is "Plastic Jesus" by Ernie Mars.  Written about the mid
>'60s.  I can't recall who recorded it.  I'm adding net.music to
>to distribution, perhaps someone there has more details.

	Come now, dont you remember the way Janis Joplin belted out
that song?
--
Motorola Semiconductor Inc.                Hunter Scales
Austin, Texas           {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax,gatech}!ut-sally!oakhill!hunter

(I am responsible for me and my dog and no-one else)