[comp.sys.next] Status of 030 cubes at Businessland

cbradley@Busl.COM (Chris Bradley) (12/02/90)

In article <1990Nov30.190723.4783@csrd.uiuc.edu> malony@sp23.csrd.uiuc.edu (Allen Malony) writes:
>I missed earlier postings regarding the Businessland '030 fire sale.
>Would someone please give me a contact number to find out the current
>price and availability.

You can call me, e-mail, whatever.

About a hundred of the 68030-based cubes are still available.  These
vary in the disk configuration:

	"Networker" system	68030	8MB 	None	40MB	$2995
	"Optical Disk" system	68030	8MB	OMD-1	40MB	$3995
	"Old Optical" system	68030	8MB	OMD-1	none	$3995
	"Developer" system	68030	8MB	OMD-1	330MB	$5295

The original posting by Charlie Lindahl (lindahl@evax.arl.utexas.edu) described
a $2795 price for a "demo" (used) "Optical Disk" system -- there were a total
of twenty-one of these in the chain, and they are pretty much all gone: if you
have an order in for one of these, you will probably get it, but if you've
been sitting there thinking about it, then you missed the boat on those.

(warning, personal opinion coming)
I've been astounded at the response we've gotten on this deal.  It goes to
show that it was simply a price issue, and not that the 68030 NeXT Computer
was undesirable.  By putting this great machine within the financial reach
of a lot more people, I think that we have helped to extend the reaches of
NeXT.  There are now a few more machines in the hands of end-users than
there were before, and most of these new owners will contribute -- by either
developing or buying software and peripherals.

(214) 404-3142 vox
--
Chris Bradley			| "Nothing is more certain than incertainties;
Businessland Advanced Systems	|  Fortune is full of fresh variety: