[net.auto] F1 points

burden@cheers.DEC (Dave Burden -- 381-2559) (10/25/85)

If my numbers are correct, Alain Prost has 76, not 73 and Ferrari has 80, not
77.  Either way, the overall standings are correct.

I must admit, timely information on the South African GP was difficult to come
by.  I was listening to the BBC (shortwave) and they had a 2.5 hour sports
broadcast coming up (this was on 10/19) in which they promised something about
the GP.  Unfortunately when they went to a different frequency I lost them.
Evidently ESPN will broadcast the Australian GP sometime on 11/3, but not live
since it would end up being show sometime around 1 or 2 am EST.

Dave Burden		decvax!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-cheers!burden
603-881-2559		Nashua, NH
			42 42' 48.8'' N
			71 27' 23.7'' W

haapanen@watdcsu.UUCP (Tom Haapanen [DCS]) (10/27/85)

In article <1046@decwrl.UUCP> burden@cheers.DEC (Dave Burden) writes:

>If my numbers are correct, Alain Prost has 76, not 73 and Ferrari has 80, not
>77.  Either way, the overall standings are correct.

Prost has indeed scored 76 points, but only best n races count so he
has only 73 in the standings.  I believe n is 11 or 12, but I may
br wrong.  I think Ferrari *is* supposed to have 77 points (53 by
Alboreto and 24 by Johansson).  Or am I wrong?

				   \tom haapanen
				   watmath!watdcsu!haapanen
Don't cry, don't do anything
No lies, back in the government
No tears, party time is here again
President Gas is up for president		 (c) Psychedelic Furs, 1982