[comp.sys.next] rn on NeXT

gatesl@julius.UCS.ORST.EDU (12/01/90)

	I am having some problems with rn, and would like to know if
	there is a funny fix, like I found out for MH...

	rn seems to work fine, but will reply:

% interp buffer overflow!

	when I try to Follow up, or follow up...

	Any help you may know of is greatly appreciated.

	thanx
	lee

moose@svc.portal.com (12/04/90)

In article <1990Dec01.070228.20553@scion.CS.ORST.EDU> gatesl@julius.UCS.ORST.EDU writes:

>	I am having some problems with rn, and would like to know if
>	there is a funny fix, like I found out for MH...
>
>	rn seems to work fine, but will reply:
>
>% interp buffer overflow!
>
>	when I try to Follow up, or follow up...

Turn off optimization and compile it again.  There is a bug in the optimization
that makes rn choke when you try to post.
--
Michael Rutman				|	moose@svc.portal.com
Cubist					|	makes me a NeXT programmer

glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us (Glenn Reid) (12/04/90)

In article <1990Dec01.070228.20553@scion.CS.ORST.EDU> gatesl@julius.UCS.ORST.EDU writes:

>	I am having some problems with rn, and would like to know if
>	there is a funny fix, like I found out for MH...
>
>% interp buffer overflow!

Recompile "interp.c" by hand without the -O flag (the optimizer).  This
problem will go away.  Just plain old "cc -o interp.o interp.c" ought
to do it (once you have removed interp.o, of course).

Glenn

--
 Glenn Reid				RightBrain Software
 glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us		PostScript/NeXT developers