[comp.sys.next] DialupIP: what is it?

kaplan@m.cs.uiuc.edu (12/12/90)

Sorry to bother you  netfolk with this...  I've read references to
something called DialUpIP over the last couple days.  Is this a
slip-alike for the next?  If so, where can I get it (ftp, purchase, from
where, etc).

thanks
Simon Kaplan
kaplan@cs.uiuc.edu
uiucdcs!kaplan@uunet.uu.net

anderson@sapir.cog.jhu.edu (Stephen R. Anderson) (12/12/90)

Yeah, me too. Where did this (DialUpIP) come from, and where is it
now?

Steve Anderson
<anderson@sapir.cog.jhu.edu>

barry@leconte.math.ucla.edu (Barry Merriman) (12/13/90)

In article <61300060@m.cs.uiuc.edu> kaplan@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>something called DialUpIP over the last couple days.  Is this a
>slip-alike for the next?  If so, where can I get it (ftp, purchase, from

I don't know what it is, but I searched for it on Archie

(do rlogin quiche.cs.mcgill.ca -l archie to find out about
the Archie FTP database---its great!)

and found:

Host sachiko.acc.stolaf.edu (130.71.192.17)
Last updated 08:15 12 Nov 1990
    Location: usr/lib/kern_loader
      DIRECTORY rwxr-xr-x    1024  Mar 29  1990   DialUpIP

--
Barry Merriman
UCLA Dept. of Math

hemstree@jobs.mso.colostate.edu (Charles H. Hemstreet IV) (12/15/90)

In article <61300060@m.cs.uiuc.edu> kaplan@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

   Sorry to bother you  netfolk with this...  I've read references to
   something called DialUpIP over the last couple days.  Is this a
   slip-alike for the next?  If so, where can I get it (ftp, purchase, from
   where, etc).

   thanks
   Simon Kaplan
   kaplan@cs.uiuc.edu
   uiucdcs!kaplan@uunet.uu.net

It's at 129.18.18.3 /pub/Slip and 129.82.100.254 /pub/next/binaries.
Not much at either site.  Make sure you do a ls to get a directory listing.

Charles

--
! Charles H. Hemstreet IV       !internet: hemstree@jobs.mso.Colostate.Edu  !