[comp.sys.next] Fortran for NeXT?

streib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Allan Streib) (12/15/90)

This was asked before, but I didn't see any replies.  Are there any
Fortran compilers available for the NeXT other than the one in the
NeXT catalog?  Seems a little pricey at over $1000.

-Allan
--
                                              __________________
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of        /                  \

new@ee.udel.edu (Darren New) (12/15/90)

In article <78263@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> streib@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Allan Streib) writes:
>This was asked before, but I didn't see any replies.  Are there any
>Fortran compilers available for the NeXT other than the one in the
>NeXT catalog?  Seems a little pricey at over $1000.

I'm also interested in answers, one of which may be the "f2c" program.
I think it was comp.lang.misc where I saw a benchmark that said this
program really performed well and handled most Fortran well.

--
--- Darren New --- Grad Student --- CIS --- Univ. of Delaware ---
----- Network Protocols, Graphics, Programming Languages,