[comp.sys.next] got my NeXTStation

dd26+@andrew.cmu.edu (Douglas F. DeJulio) (12/15/90)

This morning I picked up my monochrome NeXTStation from the Carnegie
Mellon computer store.  I'm typing on it right now.

The machines with the 105meg hard drives don't even come with man
pages.  My machine also appears to be lacking the atom(1) program.  I
can't wait to get a larger hard drive, so I can get nifty things like
a compiler.

The keyboard layout is really braindead.  The pipe and backslash keys
are on the keypad, *and* one must shift to get them.  I haven't been
able to generate a ^\ at all.

The machine is great, though.
--
Doug DeJulio
dd26@andrew.cmu.edu

In article <wbOPnsW00WB607pa4F@andrew.cmu.edu>
	dd26+@andrew.cmu.edu (Douglas F. DeJulio) writes:
>The keyboard layout is really braindead.  The pipe and backslash keys
>are on the keypad, *and* one must shift to get them.  I haven't been
>able to generate a ^\ at all.

Can you say "NeXT's answer to Sun's `Type 4' keyboard?"  :-( :-( :-(

					-=EPS=-