[comp.sys.next] Scanner Recommendations?

km@mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Mandelberg) (12/15/90)

I would appreciate recommendations on scanners for the NeXT. In my
mind, positive features in a scanner are:

  * Convenient use for Fax, which implies a sheet feeder
  * Easy retargeting to other systems (Sun and Mac particularly)

Of course its also a plus if it will handle high resolution and color,
but not at a great premium at cost.

--
Ken Mandelberg      | km@mathcs.emory.edu          PREFERRED
Emory University    | {rutgers,gatech}!emory!km    UUCP

jchin@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (Joseph Chin) (12/16/90)

I have been using the HSD Scan-X Professional for a couple months now. It
has been a joy to use and HSD is a great company to deal with. HSD
manufactures several scanners, and all of them can be found in the Fall 1990
NeXT product catalogue.

:-)
Joe
jchin@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca

--
 ***************** "Happiness is a warm gun ... " ***************
 |    NeXT --> The ultimate electronic publishing platform!     |

mikec@wam.umd.edu (Michael D. Callaghan) (12/18/90)

In article <1990Dec15.095712@mathcs.emory.edu> km@mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Mandelberg) writes:
>I would appreciate recommendations on scanners for the NeXT. In my
>mind, positive features in a scanner are:
>
>  * Convenient use for Fax, which implies a sheet feeder
>  * Easy retargeting to other systems (Sun and Mac particularly)

Now that you mention it, how about some folks out there helping us
design device drivers for the Mac and PC scanners (aka low cost)
already owned by a good many of us?

MikeC

Michael D. Callaghan,MDC Designs, University of Merryland
mikec@wam.umd.edu