[comp.sys.next] LockScreen 2.1

jasmerb@prism.cs.orst.edu (Bryce Jasmer) (12/20/90)

In article <2919> m9tardiv@cs.stthomas.edu (Max Tardiveau) writes:
>I just installed 2.0 and I am having tons of problems.
[...]
>LockScreen is now useless, since the title bar of the big window used to
>cover the screen is visible.
>What's going on ? Am I really the only one experiencing these problems ?

Yes, we do know that LockScreen version 2.1 does not work under the new
operating system. That is why we are busy developing version 3.0 which
will work under 2.0.

If you are a registered user (I don't find your name in our files Max,
please email me if you have registered and I will double check) you
will be receiving upgrade information in the mail detailing how to
obtain the new version. This should be in the first half of February.

If security is very important at your site, send me email and we can
work something out so that you can get an early version that will lock
the screen up (and will be missing some of the more advanced features.)

And while mentioning features, let me list a few of them:

 + Automatic Screen Locking after a specified number of minutes of inactivity.
 + Ability to leave voice messages saying where you are and when you will
   be back, etc.
 + You can specify sound files to be played when a user types in an incorrect
   (and correct) password ("You have typed the wrong password, please step
   back from the computer or the alarm will sound.", etc.)

 and most important:

 + it works under 2.0

I will post more information when the product is ready.

Bryce Jasmer
St. Helens Software (formerly Eagle Software)
jasmerb@cs.orst.edu