[comp.sys.next] NeXT slab Report

cjp@SSESCO.com (Chuck Purcell) (12/28/90)

My NeXTstation was shipped on 19Dec, arrived in my office on 26Dec and ready
to use on Thursday, 27Dec. A first quick look reveals that the file selector
is terrific, one mouse button usage is automatic, the keyboad feels reason-
able and the sound makes me want more. A nice note is a mail message waits
from Steve Jobs. The familar /bin/sh and /bin/csh are easily selected. Now
it is "Read the entire Manual" time, all four of them. Just what is /bin/jsh?
Install the user list from our com(mune). Connect the thinnet. Add the extra
disk. Select and view the resource files, then edit them practically in place
By the way, I start out with 25.2 megabytes of free space with the slab 105
as delivered.
								Cheers,Chas.

jschultz@pyrtech.pyramid.com (J.W. Schultz) (01/01/91)

In article <291@nachos.SSESCO.com> cjp@SSESCO.com (Chuck Purcell) writes:
>from Steve Jobs. The familar /bin/sh and /bin/csh are easily selected. Now
>it is "Read the entire Manual" time, all four of them. Just what is /bin/jsh?

/bin/jsh is essentially the bourne shell with jobs contol added, it is
standard on SVR4.

whelan@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu (Edward Whelan) (01/01/91)

In article <139459@pyramid.pyramid.com> jschultz@pyrtech.pyramid.com (J.W. Schultz) writes:
>In article <291@nachos.SSESCO.com> cjp@SSESCO.com (Chuck Purcell) writes:
>>from Steve Jobs. The familar /bin/sh and /bin/csh are easily selected. Now
>>it is "Read the entire Manual" time, all four of them. Just what is /bin/jsh?
>
>/bin/jsh is essentially the bourne shell with jobs control added, it is
>standard on SVR4.

	I suppose this is to keep Steve from getting out of hand, huh?
     "I'm not sure what I mean, so I'm going to listen to what I say."
whelan@  (uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu || uhccux.BITNET || nextsrv.uhcc.hawaii.edu)