[comp.sys.next] File redirection problem with 2.0

gao@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu (01/06/91)

We recently had NeXT 2.0 installed over here and I am having some
serious problems using file rediretion. Basically, it don't work!

For example, I have a few commands in a file, call it foo.bar,
and I am sending its contents to a server with an internet
port set up, and foo.bar contains a set of commands which I wish the
program to execute (emulating someone typing the stuff in).
It used to work just fine:

	telnet host portnumber < foo.bar

Now, with this new version, nothing gets sent to my server. This
really has me irritated.... (the contents of foo.bar are ignored - WTF!!)

Any ideas?

-Garrett

In article <9281.27867ce6@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu>
	gao@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu writes:
>	telnet host portnumber < foo.bar

Eek!  telnet was never intended to be used that way!

>Now, with this new version, nothing gets sent to my server. This
>really has me irritated.... (the contents of foo.bar are ignored - WTF!!)
>

>Any ideas?

Try
  /usr/etc/mconnect -p portnumber host < foo.bar

					-=EPS=-