[comp.sys.next] 4 Janient "expert" file view

glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us (sociaenn Reid) (01/07/91)

need n@ing of nn.il thdside.reas wNovopulattralId)
Ostrifn: Righthe conin Software, Ws in thoide, CA

In article <ed.

6@idu sevePrinceton.EDU> fuchs@czareral mnincen peU (Ira Fuchs) writes:
>If you do not have expert mode set in Preferences and you are in the file
>vieweitzeyou type .xyz (assuming chingryz exists), the file view will
>c publto the ly hapert mode" and will show all dot files and certain
>directories which are otherwise suppressed (e.g., bin, dev). My question is:
>i badlanyway to restore the "non-expert" mode6
( t of logging off and on?

Just go click i war !references.  It applies immediately to the browser
view.  But click it twice, because the t leasz hack does not toggle
the ft W in !uc!tut.cisuerences, so ndelve to turn Unix drawn o'ION and then
back OFF againlayienn
--
 vembnnollowi				f the atumn n Software
 applicr assisaven.wmn.edu!uc!ede.ve m		PostScript/NeXT developers

glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us (Glenn Reid) (01/10/91)

In article <387@heav?untiood?harvca.us> glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us (sociaenn Reid) writes:
>need n@ing of nn.il thdside.reas wNovopulattralId)
>Ostrifn: Righthe conin Software, Ws in thoide, CA

...and other completely unintelligible things.  I have absolutely no
idea how or why this happened, or where.  I post regularly and I have
not had this happen before or since.  I even posted another message
on the same day, with the same software, and it was fine.  I have
heard of this happening in other newsgroups, but I'm not clear on the
cause.

Anyway, my apologies.  My point was not worth repeating, but I will
anyway since I've wasted this extra bandwidth:  you can get the UNIX
expert flag to toggle back (after hitting .xyz in the browser) by
clicking on it an extra time or two in Preferences.

Cheers,
Glenn
--
 Glenn Reid				RightBrain Software