[comp.sys.next] Next Factory <was: They Are shipping in volume???>

shwake@raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) (01/15/91)

melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) writes:

>NeXT does have one of the most efficient factories in the world.  I
>read an article about it in Fortune Magazine.  It's suppose to be as
>amazing as the NeXT computer.

	Yes, to judge by the Fortune article (and pictures) it is an
impressive facility, but it *is* only one, and they're very dependent on
their suppliers (Motorola, Sony, many others). It does, however, show
that with a little effort we *can* do it right here.

uunet!media!ka3ovk!raysnec!shwake			shwake@rsxtech

jacob@gore.com (Jacob Gore) (01/17/91)

My upgrade arrived at the school last week (I got it today).  I placed the
order in early June.

Jacob
--
Jacob Gore		Jacob@Gore.Com			boulder!gore!jacob