[comp.sys.next] 400MB Hard drives

melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) (01/16/91)

Is NeXT replacing the 330MB drive on all of their new systems with a
400MB drive?  I got the price sheet at Penn State today, and they
haven't made the changes to reflect this.

-Mike

waltrip@capd.jhuapl.edu (01/17/91)

In article <1991Jan16.054339.17117@lavaca.uh.edu>, davison@menudo.uh.edu (Dan
Davison) writes:
> In article <F.8s38a4@cs.psu.edu> melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger)
> writes:
>
>>    Is NeXT replacing the 330MB drive on all of their new systems with a
>>    400MB drive?
>
> In those machines not yet shipped, the HP 425MB disk is replacing the
> 330 MB disk by M???? (I forget the name).

	This is one hell of an innovative way to make those of us who ordered
	the 330MB workstations not mind the delay too much :^).  Chalk one up
	for NeXT marketing!
>	[...stuff omitted...]

c.f.waltrip

DDN:  <waltrip@capsrv.jhuapl.edu>

Opinions expressed are my own.

tmab+@andrew.cmu.edu (Thomas Mok) (01/18/91)

> Is NeXT replacing the 330MB drive on all of their new systems with a
> 400MB drive?  I got the price sheet at Penn State today, and they
> haven't made the changes to reflect this.

> -Mike

Yes, that has been confirmed by my campus computer store.  The
price for the machine will remain the same, and they will be shipped
early February (hopefully).

Besides, NeXT is introducing a 200 Mb hard drive version of the
NeXTstation, which will come with the standard edition of the
software package.

Tom Mok