[comp.sys.next] Suggestions to NeXT about 040 upgrade

ty@cypress.cis.ufl.edu (Tyng-Jing Yang) (01/18/91)

Hi,

To my knowledge, most of hot 68040 CPUs goes to NeXTstations so those who
oredered 040 upgrade need to wait. I don't blame this policy.

But how about send us  OS2.0 OD first ?
There should be no shortage of ODs, right ?

How about send "Printed 2.0 Tech. Docs" to those who ordered 1.0a copy ?
There should be no shortage of paper, right ?

Thanks for your listening

Tyng-Jing Yang

garnett@cs.utexas.edu (John William Garnett) (01/18/91)

In article <TY.91Jan17224528@cypress.cis.ufl.edu> ty@cypress.cis.ufl.edu (Tyng-Jing Yang) writes:

>>To my knowledge, most of hot 68040 CPUs goes to NeXTstations so those who
>>oredered 040 upgrade need to wait. I don't blame this policy.
>>
>>But how about send us  OS2.0 OD first ?
>>There should be no shortage of ODs, right ?

I second this idea.

I too would like to receive my Release 2.0 Extended on optical disk now
even if don't receive the 040 upgrade until later.  I will even supply
an optical disk to NeXT via mail if a shortage of ODs is the problem.

NeXT, are you listening?

--
John Garnett
                              University of Texas at Austin

smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu (Dr. William V. Smith) (01/18/91)

-
>John Garnett
                              University of Texas at Austin
>garnett@cs.utexas.edu         Department of Computer Science
>                              Austin, Texas

NeXT has been sending out some 2.0 OD's to early orders of the
upgrade.  I know because they sent mine to someone else at the
university!  The reason they gave was that shipping doesn't
read P.O. numbers, only addresses!
--
EMail:  smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu  or  uunet!hamblin.math.byu.edu!smithw