[comp.sys.next] Drive parameters for Fujitsu M2263SA

jeff@soda.Berkeley.EDU (Jeff Louie) (01/18/91)

Newsgroups: next.comp.sys
Subject: Drive parameters for Fujitsu M2263SA

Has anyone gotten a Fujitsu M2263SA (a 778MB drive) configured to boot off
of the Next?  I have been able to get it formatted and 'built', but for
some reason when I attempt to boot off using the drive, ROM Monitor
comes back with the following error:

	sc: unexpected msg
	SCSI: Unexpected Msg:1

Does anyone know what might be the cause?

Jeff Louie
Lab Assistant
UC Berkeley--IEOR

PS.  If possible please direct replies to jeff@ieor-next1.  Thanks.

abe@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Vic Abell) (01/19/91)

In article <1991Jan18.065527.28368@agate.berkeley.edu> jeff@soda.Berkeley.EDU (Jeff Louie) writes:

>Has anyone gotten a Fujitsu M2263SA (a 778MB drive) configured to boot off
>of the Next?  I have been able to get it formatted and 'built', but for
>some reason when I attempt to boot off using the drive, ROM Monitor
>comes back with the following error:
>
>	sc: unexpected msg
>	SCSI: Unexpected Msg:1

I've replied to Jeff directly, but it's probably worth re-broadcasting
that there is an excellent digest available via anonymous ftp from
sonata.cc.purdue.edu (128.210.15.30) that discusses installing third
party disks.  The articles in

	pub/next/lore/disks.Z

directly address the jumper settings that are required on a Fujitsu
M2263S to solve the above problem.  I found that the same jumper settings
were needed to enable a Fujitsu M2266S.