[comp.sys.next] Help with NeXT floppies...

philwzo@cs.mcgill.ca (Philippe WIECZOREK) (01/23/91)

>In his article Joe Freeman <jfreem@uncecs.edu> writes :
>
>I've had no trouble reading dos disks formatted with my toshiba laptop.  What
>kind of machine are you formatting them on.  What density are they.  What
>kind of files are you putting on them?
>

>In article <1991Jan22.204824.705@cs.mcgill.ca> you write:
>>
>>	I have trouble reading msdos disks on a new NeXT station. The
>>floppy should recognize the disk when insreted but it does not... And
>>then the only thing to do to eject it is to launch builddos and to
>>cancel the initalization.
>>
>>	Has anyone faced the same problem ? And more important, has
>>anyone solved that problem ?
>>
>>	Thanks for any comments, suggestions, or solutions ... (Why not ?)
>>

>>Phil... phil@cs.mcgill.ca

	I have formatted my disks on a laptop toshiba too. (1000XE) I
tried with 720 and 1.44 disks... I also tried to format a disk using the
builddos utility of the NeXT... The NeXT failed to format it. It
completed the format and then said that the format has failed. It is not
my disks which are bad too, because I know a lot of people who did not
manage to make the NeXT read or write dos disks... In fact, quite all
the faculty does not manage to read/write dos disks on NeXT. Please help !!!

--
Phil... philwzo@cs.mcgill.ca