[comp.sys.next] NeXTdimension, '040 upgrade

smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu (Dr. William V. Smith) (01/24/91)

Well, when is the NeXTdimension board supposed to ship??  I am a little
hesitant to order one, since the '040 is still vapor (here).  Is there
some kind of time-table for these? [add one year to get the correct delivery
date]. Also, I'm wondering if there were some unexpected problems (besides
the Motorola imposed one) in the upgrade boards that [has] delayed
their shipping.
-Bill
--
            __________________Prof. William V. Smith____________________
EMail:  smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu  or  uunet!hamblin.math.byu.edu!smithw

peterd@cs.mcgill.ca (Peter Deutsch) (01/25/91)

In article <SMITHW.91Jan23161234@hamblin.hamblin.math.byu.edu> smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu (Dr. William V. Smith) writes:
>Well, when is the NeXTdimension board supposed to ship??  I am a little
>hesitant to order one, since the '040 is still vapor (here).  Is there
>some kind of time-table for these? [add one year to get the correct delivery
>date]. Also, I'm wondering if there were some unexpected problems (besides
>the Motorola imposed one) in the upgrade boards that [has] delayed
>their shipping.

McGill has received four (out of an outstanding order of 8
or ten) 68040 upgrade boards. We were waiting for 8 for
our lab and a couple extra on campus. The lab received
half it's order.

Still no sign of our colour boards... :-(

			- peterd

 " Although botanically speaking a fruit, in 1893 the U.S. Supreme Court
 unanimously ruled that tomatoes are a vegetable (and thus taxable under
 the Tariff Act of 1883) because of the way they are usually served. "

                                          ref:  Smithsonian, August, 1990.