[comp.sys.next] manual part numbers

jfreem@uncecs.edu (Joe Freeman) (01/22/91)

In article <1991Jan21.130502.1@capd.jhuapl.edu> waltrip@capd.jhuapl.edu writes:
>In article <1991Jan21.134352.1524@uncecs.edu>, jfreem@uncecs.edu (Joe Freeman)
>writes:
>	[...material deleted...]
>>
>> The manual you are missing, "System Reference Manual" is part of the
>> programming docs.  It is the manual that has all of the subroutine calls
>> in the kit.  Average users will find very little of value in it. (kind of
>> like the unix brick section 3)
>>
>> For those that don't know.  The additional documentation is the programmers
>> documentation.  It is the equivalent to "inside macintosh" for you former
>> mac folks.  It is NOT of much use to those people that are not trying to
>> program the system.  For those programming the system, NeXT provides docs
>> online.  The printed docs are $195? and consists of a 3 volume set.
>	[...more material deleted...]
>	When we ordered my son's NeXTstation (through U of Maryland) these
>	documents were not on the order form.  I don't know whether I will
>	want to order them since they are on-line but, in case I do, how do I
>	go about it?  Do I have to a registered NeXT developer?  Can I order
>	directly through NeXT?  Anyone know?

Here are the part numbers (orderable from  your local outlet) for manuals.

p#	description		list price
N6007B	Tech docs 2.0		$95
N6003	Setup and Tutorials	$5
N6002	Next user reference	$10
N6014	Next Applications	$5
N6062	Network admin		$5

--
Joe Freeman	jfreem@uncecs.edu
		jfreeman@next.com

rca@cs.brown.edu (Ronald C.F. Antony) (01/27/91)

In article <1991Jan21.215210.7233@uncecs.edu> jfreem@uncecs.edu (Joe Freeman) writes:
#In article <1991Jan21.130502.1@capd.jhuapl.edu> waltrip@capd.jhuapl.edu writes:
##In article <1991Jan21.134352.1524@uncecs.edu>, jfreem@uncecs.edu (Joe Freeman)
##writes:
##	[...material deleted...]
###
#
#p#	description		list price
#N6007B	Tech docs 2.0		$95
#N6003	Setup and Tutorials	$5
#N6002	Next user reference	$10
#N6014	Next Applications	$5
#N6062	Network admin		$5

Note that the N6002, N6003, N6014 and N6062 are already delivered with
the systems. These manuals are only needed if you need additional
copies for other users. Only N6007B is the Tech. Doc that is the
equivalent to the 1.0a System Reference Manuals.
If you plan to develop hardware, then there is also documentation on
the NeXTbus and NBIC available: N6022, $50

Ronald
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man."   G.B. Shaw   |  rca@cs.brown.edu or antony@browncog.bitnet