[comp.sys.next] winnie - where are you?

zazula@uazhe0.physics.arizona.edu (RALPH ZAZULA) (01/31/91)

In my list of FTP sites for NeXT computers, the node
"winnie.princeton.edu" is listed as a source for music/sound
software.  I've tried connecting to winnie for about 5 days
now with no success.  Is it still an active FTP site?  Has
it been replaced?  Is it just sick?

Ralph

   | Ralph Zazula                               "Computer Addict!"        |
   | University of Arizona                 ---  Department of Physics     |
   |   UAZHEP::ZAZULA                            (DecNet/HEPNet)          |
   |   zazula@uazhe0.physics.arizona.edu         (Internet)               |
   |   "You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge."  - Neil Peart    |

das15@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Douglas A Scott) (02/01/91)

In article <31JAN91014423@uazhe0.physics.arizona.edu> zazula@uazhe0.physics.arizona.edu writes:
>In my list of FTP sites for NeXT computers, the node
>"winnie.princeton.edu" is listed as a source for music/sound
>software.  I've tried connecting to winnie for about 5 days
>now with no success.  Is it still an active FTP site?  Has
>it been replaced?  Is it just sick?

No, not sick...the archives are located at the ftp site "princeton.edu" (withoutthe winnie).

I cant remember the exact reason for this, but I know I was able to get all the
software at the site I indicated.

_____________
DS

cpenrose@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Christopher Penrose) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan31.164519.12124@wam.umd.edu> charlie@wam.umd.edu (Charles William Fletcher) writes:

>I second the question--I tried winnie several times over a one month
>period at the end of last year with no luck. Anyone know what happened?

Winnie has been unreachable from most of the internet for about a year.
Paul and company has moved their archives to another princeton machine:

princeton.edu	128.112.128.1

the wares can be found in pub/music.  Wow! you guys have been missing
out on some cool software!

Christopher Penrose
jesus!penrose