[net.followup] Recommendation for Reducing the Number of Tedious Debates on Network

keithe@tekgvs.UUCP (Keith Ericson) (09/20/85)

In article <1311@houxm.UUCP> hom@houxm.UUCP (H.MORRIS)
     of AT&T Bell Labs, Holmdel, NJ writes:
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>I would like to request that when a newsgroup you find useful suddenly
>becomes inundated...  ...that EVERYONE who would like to stop
>the debate simply save a copy of the flamer's article and mail it back
>to him/her
>	This takes very little thought or time, and is perfect poetic
>justice.

It also generates LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of telephone-line-transmitted
mail which will be carried by - and provide $$$ benefit to - the
originator's employer...

(Maybe I'm just *too* cynical?)

keith
--
Keith Ericson  at TekLabs (resident factious factotum)
Tektronix, PO 500, MS 58-383