[comp.sys.next] SIMMs: were to buy/size problem?

asd@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Kareth) (02/05/91)

Hello!  I need some suggestions on where to buy SIMMs for my new Cube.
I have the list Bill Smith posted, in fact I called almost all the
places to find out their prices.  Now there is the small problem of
_size_.  I've heard too much about chips not being able to fit, and I
do NOT trust salespeople to know squat about anything.  I've also seen
stuff about how to 'make' them fit sorta.  Anyways, I wanted to know
from folks out there who have added 4MB SIMMs to their machines,
especially NEW Cubes (possibly size difference?).  Where did you get
them, how hard was it to install them, etc?

Thanks a lot for the help.  Want to hurry up and get my system up to
snuff!

-k

asd@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Kareth) (02/06/91)

In <6763@mace.cc.purdue.edu> asd@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Kareth) writes:

>stuff about how to 'make' them fit sorta.  Anyways, I wanted to know
>from folks out there who have added 4MB SIMMs to their machines,
>especially NEW Cubes (possibly size difference?).  Where did you get
>them, how hard was it to install them, etc?

Hate to reply to my own letter but....

Well, after some info from 81
Ph. 405-332-6581
        1 Mb $43.00