[comp.sys.next] NFS problem between NeXT and MIPS?

hokey@plus5.com (Hokey) (02/07/91)

We have two NFS servers on a network, a Mips box running 4.50, and a
486 box running SysVr4.

We can mount files homed on the Mips from the Vr4 box, and vice-versa.

Our 2.0 NeXT machine can mount files homed on the Vr4 box, but attempting
the same thing with files homed on the Mips box results in "access denied"
errors.

I've tried using `mountd -n' on the Mips to no avail.

If you have any suggestions on what I might try to get filesystems
homed on the Mips NFS mounted on my NeXT box (2.0), I'd appreciate
hearing from you.
--
Hokey				We are Space Guys.  We know what we are doing.

lgy@phys.washington.edu (Laurence G. Yaffe) (02/07/91)

hokey@plus5.com (Hokey) writes:

>Our 2.0 NeXT machine can mount files homed on the Vr4 box, but attempting
>the same thing with files homed on the Mips box results in "access denied"
>errors.
>--
>Hokey				We are Space Guys.  We know what we are doing.

    Try using fully qualified domain names in /etc/exports.

Laurence G. Yaffe		Internet: lgy@newton.phys.washington.edu
University of Washington	Bitnet:   yaffe@uwaphast.bitnet