[comp.sys.next] Technical 2.0 Documents

songer@orchestra.ecn.purdue.edu (Christopher M Songer) (02/05/91)

Hi,
     Just a quick question. I ordered the 2.0 technical documentation.
I figured that would get o me faster than anything else, but here it
is 2 months later and -- no documentation. Does anyone have it? Does
anyone know when it is coming out?

Thanks!
-Chris

mfi@serc.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante) (02/05/91)

In article <1991Feb4.172015.23611@noose.ecn.purdue.edu> songer@orchestra.ecn.purdue.edu (Christopher M Songer) writes:
> I ordered the 2.0 technical documentation.
>is 2 months later and -- no documentation. Does anyone have it? Does
>anyone know when it is coming out?

I called and ordered the docs from NeXT last week.  I was told that
they will be shipping in early March.

Anyone know why it is taking so long for these to arrive?  It puts
little developers at a many month disadvantage, no?

Mark

Mark Interrante   		  Software Engineering Research Center
mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu		  CIS Department, University of Florida 32611
Quote from a west Texas farmer  "status quo is Latin for the mess we're in."

coco@cbnewsl.att.com (felix.a.lugo) (02/05/91)

In article <1991Feb4.172015.23611@noose.ecn.purdue.edu> songer@orchestra.ecn.purdue.edu (Christopher M Songer) writes:
| Hi,
|      Just a quick question. I ordered the 2.0 technical documentation.
| I figured that would get o me faster than anything else, but here it
| is 2 months later and -- no documentation. Does anyone have it? Does
| anyone know when it is coming out?
|
| Thanks!
| -Chris

	Same here!!  Don't tell me NeXT has a shortage of printing paper
	also.  8^)

	I ordered mine a couple of months ago, and nothing.

/*
** ============================================================================
**
**  Felix A. Lugo					AT&T Bell Laboratories
**
**	E-Mail:
**	(708) 713-4374	coco@ihlpb.att.com	att!ihlpb!coco
**
**	NeXT-Mail:
**	(708) 515-0668	coco@alien.att.com	alien.att.com!bootsie!coco
**
** ============================================================================
*/

rca@cs.brown.edu (Ronald C.F. Antony) (02/07/91)

In article <26669@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> mfi@serc.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante) writes:
>I called and ordered the docs from NeXT last week.  I was told that
>they will be shipping in early March.
>
>Anyone know why it is taking so long for these to arrive?  It puts
>little developers at a many month disadvantage, no?

Because this is the real world where the product still has priority
over the documentation despite what they teach you in school.
There is a lot of work involved other than writing the docu. if you
want to have it printed.

Most of the things (much more than under 1.0) you can find online.

Ronald
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man."   G.B. Shaw   |  rca@cs.brown.edu or antony@browncog.bitnet